Hi! My name is Ida and I finally have a blog! I have been wanting to blog for a long time but only recently built up enough courage to do so. I wasn't sure if anyone would find my life interesting enough to read about. Would people like me? Would they find me funny? Would anyone care what I had to say? I had so many questions but the only way to get any answers was to try. So a couple years ago (Feb 2013), I sat down at my computer, picked a name and created Second Chances Girl!
This is me..........
- Family comes first! My family has seen me through thick and thin. I am now working on my own little unit to add to my extensive family. That's why this is a family blog over anything else.
- I love to cook comfort food like cakes and lasagna but I am slowly incorporating healthy foods here and there!
- I'm a dreamer. In a perfect world, I would live on a farm by the beach.
- I am constantly pinning DIY projects but rarely get to actually making them.
- I crochet but can't sew or knit.
- I'm a mom of one, step-mom of two. I would love to have more kids but through adoption. It's super expensive and a long process but I know one day I will have a whole bunch of kids at home!
- I'm indecisive but once I make a decision, I stick with it, no matter what.
- The only sweets I eat is dark chocolate, everything else grosses me out.
- I'm a big sports fan. Big favorites are football season and Olympic swimming.
- I'm learning to like basketball since JC is a big fan and now Adrian loves it. Go HEAT!
- I love yoga. One day, I will be able to do handstands.
- Target is IT for me. I believe if you can't find it at Target, then you probably can't find it anywhere.
- I love to read! There is nothing better than a good book!
On February 2015, I was announced as the newest contributor on MamiofMultiples.com. I'm known as Mix and Match Mami and the Southeast Family and Travel Contributing Columnist. I will be offering advice and tips on blended families, raising tweens, travel in South Florida and sharing recipes. Check me out over at Mami of Multiples!
MEET MY FAMILY:
My son Adrian:
Adrian is nine years old. He's into superheroes, Ninja Turtles and sports, especially soccer, basketball and flag football. I'm hoping he grows up to be a professional athlete, maybe an Olympic medalist? One can dream! Right now, he is a tough cookie and prankster and I'm hoping he will grow out of it! If he doesn't, it's OK. I figure every class needs a class clown!
My love JC:
Isn't he handsome? I think so. He's also the best partner I could have asked for: loving, patient, smart, a great father and handsome!!! He's into Crossfit and basketball. He is also an architect so that definitely comes in handy around the house and school projects! He is my number one supporter and the blog techie. He has two kids, Amberly and Gian.
Amberly is ten. She's all into being healthy (but don't forget the bacon) and conserving the environment. She's smart and sweet and controls the boys. She's also an incredible artist, just amazing. She is very girlie, loves wearing skirts, dresses, bows and loves her dolls.
Gian is eight. He is the most curious child I have ever met, always taking things apart to see how they work. Maybe a future engineer? He is a tad obsessed with video games. This kid should just apply at Nintendo for a job already. Try and beat him at any Mario game, I dare you! You will always catch him singing and dancing. Gian has been diagnosed with ADHD and it was exactly what we needed to know in order to be able to parent him. It had gotten really difficult but now we know that with patience (LOTS OF IT) and understanding, raising him is the same as raising any child!
Well there's a little about me and my family!This blog chronicles our day to day lives and adventures so please stick around and join us!