Adrian and I went to our local Walmart to begin the donation process. We purchased all sorts of fun, snacks for the kids at Branches such as popcorn, crackers, chips, gummies and fruit.
Branches South Miami is an after-care program for children at my son's school. They help with homework and tutoring and provide a safe environment for kids to play. I know many of my son's friends that attend Branches and I wanted to help out. The staff at Branches was thrilled when I contacted them. Not only would they receive the donations collected in store, they were also eligible to continue receiving donations collected at our local Walmart throughout the year!
Champions for Kids launches Snacks for Students Program in Walmart School districts and youth-based organizations can qualify to win a portion of $45,000
- Champions for Kids, General Mills, Kellogg’s, Emerald and Kettle Chips have joined forces to make it simple for communities to provide basic resources for students through in-store donations.
- The Snacks for Students program is part of SIMPLE Giving, a Champions for Kids program that seeks to make it simple for shoppers to purchase and donate items children need.
- From February 16 to March 2, U.S. customers at more than 3,600 participating Walmart stores can purchase snacks and breakfast items for children and place them inside designated donation bins.
- All donations made in-store will stay in the local community and be distributed through school districts or youth-based organizations.
- In addition, Champions for Kids, General Mills, Kellogg’s, Emerald and Kettle Chips will provide 13 awards, totaling $45,000, to school districts and participating youth-based organizations based on the total number of donated items collected in each store.
- About Champions for Kids and SIMPLE Giving Programs
- In 2013, SIMPLE Giving began in 24 central Arkansas Walmart stores and was extended to Walmart stores across 11 states in 2014.
- The Snacks for Students program is the first of several campaigns to launch nationally, with the goal to provide resources for more than 10 million children in 2015.
- Champions for Kids makes it simple to give kids in your community the resources they need to thrive. Since 2004, Champions for Kids has served more than 5.4 million children across all 50 states through in-store donation campaigns, service projects and community events.
Please, please, please next time you are at your local Walmart, look for the Champions for Kids donation bins and consider donating! You will be making a huge difference in the lives of a child in your area!
Disclosure: This is a paid campaign through Champions for Kids and The Motherhood. However, all opinions are mine alone.