I'm not a super overprotective parent but the one thing I do worry about is the kids touching the cleaning supplies.I'm worried that they could spray each other with them or swallow a product. In our new apartment, there is a small laundry room with a shelf about 5 feet up. I keep my worries at bay by storing all the cleaning and laundry care supplies on a shelf in our laundry room. Laundry rooms are often overlooked and as parents, we all need to be aware of laundry room safety!
Now I know that any of the kids can stand on a stool and grab whatever they want off that shelf but so far (my kids are 9,8,7) they have never shown any intention on grabbing anything. Children are naturally curious. They taste and feel everything they can find to learn more about the world around them. This is normal and beneficial in a child's development. As a parent, you need to be aware and on guard. Always be one step ahead of your kids.
This Poison Prevention Week (3/16-3/20), I am working with Tide and Gain to bring you tips on how to make your home safe:
- By making your home a safe environment, you can be confident that while little ones need constant supervision, having a safe environment reduces the risk of accidents.
- Whatever you do with your cleaning supplies, keep them very high up or behind a locked door.
- One room that's often overlooked is the laundry room and the new laundry pacs, those small, single-use products.
- These powerful packets contain highly concentrated detergent and require the same discipline as common household cleaning products when it comes to safely using, handling and storing.
- They need to be kept Up, Up and Away (Arriba y Lejos) - seal those packs up, store pacs up and keep pacs away.
- Much like many other household cleaning products, laundry pacs need to be handled with great care to prevent unintended exposure.
- always have the number to poison control and your pediatrician handy just in case your child manages to get into anything they shouldn't.
This is a sponsored campaign in collaboration with Tide® and Gain® and Latina Bloggers Connect. However, all opinions expressed are my own.