Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SienteGlade #CollectiveBias
I love having my home fresh and pure. One of the most important traditions in my family to have a clean home starts with having no dirty laundry, our home must be fresh and pure (frescura y pureza)! Now, this isn’t always an easy tradition to accomplish but with the whole family helping out, it gets done. As a very active and on the go family of five, we have lots of laundry to do all the time and I consider myself a laundry pro. I even enjoy doing laundry! GASP!!
1. My first tip is that everyone chips in. Laundry should not be a one-person job. Everyone has dirty clothes so everyone should help wash the dirty clothes!
2. Keep a laundry basket in various rooms in the home. Nothing is worse than looking at one giant pile of laundry. We have laundry baskets in each bathroom and a separate basket for activewear. This also helps in keeping everyone’s laundry separate so it’s easier to put away once it’s washed.
3. Set the mood. My house smells like clean linens even before we start doing laundry!! I use Glade® Clean Linen® scents as my go-to fragrance at home. Recently, I purchased a Glade® Wax Melt Warmer and I will never go back to anything else. It is so easy to use and fills my home with my favorite clean linen smell in just a few minutes!
The warmer is super stylish and the little cubes “cubitos” of wax melt just enough to not spill over.
4. Next tip to save time: Wash all your laundry together in cold water. We do not separate our clothes into lights and darks. We use a cold-water detergent and wash everything together with no problems.
5. Teach your kids how to fold clothes and put them away. Once our dryer stops, I pull out all the clothes and everyone has a basket. We fold our clothes, put it into our baskets and put our clothes away. My kids are 10, 9 and 8 and they have been doing this since they were about 4. They know that if they do not put away their clothes, they will not have clothes to wear!
Helping out at home is one of the most important things you can teach your children. I was raised that families do everything together, especially laundry!!
Get a Coupon offer for Glade Clean Linen® scented Wax Melts here and check out @Glade on Twitter and like Glade®Facebook to get more ideas on freshening up your home in 2016.