I am very proud to state that I am in my thirties and cavity-free! I am on top of my oral health and very proud of it. It's also something I have instilled in my children. We follow oral health recommendations from the ADA, especially visiting the dentist every 6 months! Did you know that good overall health begins with good dental health? I created this infographic to show you the 5 steps we follow for good oral health.
1. Brush twice a day. This is so important and can get a little tedious but will become habit. My kids know better than to go to bed without brushing their teeth.
2. Floss daily. On top of brushing twice a day, we floss daily. I know it seems a little ridiculous for little kids to floss when most of their teeth have gaps between them but the point is to create the habit.
3. Change your toothbrush every three months. Toothbrushes need to be replaced every 3 months and especially after a cold or throat infection. Bacteria builds up on toothbrushes and it doesn't make sense to keep them around. Buy multi-packs and set a reminder on your phone calendar to make replacing even easier!
4. Use a flouride rinse. My kids love using mouthwash. They say that it makes their mouth feel extra clean. I buy them fun kids rinse such as the new Firefly Spiderman Fun Pump Rinse, found at Walmart. It comes with a convenient no-mess cup and pump to ensure kids dispense the perfect amount of rinse. No more messy sinks!
5. Visit the dentist every 6 months. My kids started going to the dentist after they turned 1 and have been going every 6 months since then. I schedule my appointments in advance, usually for February and August, and keep reminders in my phone. Since they go so often, they are not scared of the dentist at all. They like getting their teeth cleaned while they watch TV at the dentist's office and then of course, the goody bags at the end!
Like I mentioned before, my kids use Firefly oral health products. Firefly products are designed to turn brush time in to playtime. Firefly is a leader in children’s oral care solutions and has recently expanded its line of toothbrushes to include even more fun characters and products that are ADA-approved and offer Good. Clean. Fun. at an affordable price point.As part of the complete Firefly Star Wars Collection, the Kylo Ren Lightsaber toothbrush lights up for 60 seconds, teaching kids to brush for one full minute on each row of teeth.Character voices, memorable movie quotes, flashing lights and lightsaber sound effects will appeal to kids and encourage them to conquer the battle against the dark side of cavities each morning and night.The toothbrush can be found at Walmart and Walgreens, and it comes equipped with a protective cap to ensure the bristles and the brush head stay clear of any bacteria from the sink or countertop.
Firefly recently launched their Lights, Camera, Smiles! sweepstakes on the Firefly Facebook page. One lucky grand prize winner will win a trip for a family of four to the movie capital of the world: Hollywood!
Find out more info by clicking here